How to make ground hamburger Jerky (And you don’t need a jerky gun!)
- Use 1-3 lbs. of 90% lean 10% fat ground hamburger (ground venison and turkey works great also. leaner the better)
- For every one pound of meat use 1/8th cup of Jerky Gold Marinade.
- Mix marinade in meat with your hands.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper spray wax paper with nonstick spray.
- Place meat on wax paper. Then place another layer of wax paper on top of meat and flatten with rolling pin (If you don’t have a rolling pin, improvise with another kitchen item).
- Make sure thickness is about ¼ inch for meat.
- Place in freezer for 45 minutes to an hour (however long it takes to get partially frozen).
- Once frozen use knife to cut jerky strips.
- For oven use set oven to 160 degrees and cook for 6-12 hours. Check the jerky periodically, you don’t want the jerky to be too dry!
For dehydrator use spray your trays with non-stick spray before placing meat on trays. Follow manufacturer’s directions for best results. We’d say 6-12 hours dry time but always check on your jerky periodically to be safe!