HOW TO MAKE JERKY IN THE OVEN!
You don’t need a dehydrator to make beef, turkey, elk, deer (venison), goose, duck or antelope jerky!
99% of homes in the USA have an oven!
On every label of every bottle we provide instructions with how to make jerky in the oven!
And our website is the BEST for all jerky content imaginable. We cover many topics about making jerky!
- Make sure the fresh meat of your choice is partially frozen before slicing.
- Cut the jerky strips 1/4″ thickness. You don’t need a meat slicer. Just a steady hand, accurate eye and a sharp knife (Buba Blade knives are as sharp as a meat slicer. It doesn’t have to be a perfect 1/4″ thickness do the best you can)
- Marinate your meat for 12-24 hours (12 is plenty) use a gallon Ziploc bag or bowl. Stir or mix occasionally and make sure it’s refrigerated.
- Spray the racks with non stick spray if you are going to lay the meat on the oven racks. You can also hang the jerky between oven racks by inserting a toothpick in one end of the strip. (You can lay them on the racks on the oven instead of hanging them.) Make sure you have a pan(s) lined with foil on the bottom to catch the drippings no matter what method you choose for making jerky.
- Cook in oven between 160-170 (if your oven only goes to 175 or 170 that’s fine. You can prop the oven open with a wooden spoon for venting) After 2-3 hours check on your jerky. Check it hourly to after the first 2-3 hours. Total cooking time will likely be 6-12 hours depending on thickness. If it bends easily you need to cook the jerky longer (it doesn’t have to be a leather texture to be done).
6. Make sure your jerky is finished. Then take a bite out of some jerky gold! Enjoy!
Some jerky gold customer feedback
“The best jerky marinade” – Mike D
“The only marinade I use for making venison jerky” – Kyle S
“Jerky Gold Marinade makes the best elk, deer (venison), and goose jerky!” – Chris P
“This is the jerky marinade/jerky seasonings that my family was looking for! Amazing!” – Paul M
“Jerky gold marinade is so easy to use and tastes great!” – Wayne T